Bremen Town Life


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bremen » Bremen
August 5th 2006
Published: August 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bremen Street Shopping...Bremen Street Shopping...Bremen Street Shopping...

this is one of the main shopping strips in the Markt Platz of Bremen. The majority of shopping in Bremen is strip shopping with cobble paved streets for pedestrains only.
We have been living in Bremen for just over 4 months now, and its a town we really love. Its a nice size, with a small old town feel. So we decided that since we are not really tourists around here anymore we would take photos of everyday life around Bremen instead of just the landmarks and beautiful old buildings.



So I will continue to update this blog as we take more photos...

The first set of photos are taken in the city centre or Markt Platz on a Saturday around midday. They are of the shopping strip and the fruit and veg market that is set up there in the morning by local traders.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The Hollandisch Lakritze StandThe Hollandisch Lakritze Stand
The Hollandisch Lakritze Stand

This is the Dutch lolly guy... who sells nuts, lollies and other dutch specialties.
Dutch LolliesDutch Lollies
Dutch Lollies

Here is an assortment of Dutch lollies including liquorice and some salty lollies.
Dutch LolliesDutch Lollies
Dutch Lollies

Here is an assortment of Dutch lollies including liquorice, bonbons and some salty lollies.
Market Nursery...Market Nursery...
Market Nursery...

This is one of the local nursery's that sets up a stall at the market that is held on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday mornings. This is a Dutch nursery dude with really cool twisted vine plants - i suppose you had to be there :)
The MarktThe Markt
The Markt

This is the nursery section of the Markt and where the Dutch stands seem to be all grouped together.
Shopping for Fruit and Veg...Shopping for Fruit and Veg...
Shopping for Fruit and Veg...

This is the main section of the market, where stalls sell fruit, veg, herbs, fish, cut meats, cheese et cetera.
A Fruit and Veg Stand...A Fruit and Veg Stand...
A Fruit and Veg Stand...

This is one of the many fruit and vegetable stands at the market, most of which is local produce.
Danielle Looking at the Fresh Fruit.Danielle Looking at the Fresh Fruit.
Danielle Looking at the Fresh Fruit.

This is another fruit stand at the market. Most of the stands are fresh fruit and vegetables, which 'generally' looks nice and fresh if you get there early before the bees.
Roland Enjoying Saturday AfternoonRoland Enjoying Saturday Afternoon
Roland Enjoying Saturday Afternoon

This is Roland, the town hero and one of many landmarks. This part of town with cafes and restaurants in just around the corner from the market.


Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb