Burger Park - Bremen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bremen » Bremen
July 26th 2006
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In Bremen there is a park that is fully run by the citizens of the town. The council or government don't have any hand in the park.

It is a beautiful large park with open fields, bushland and small rivers. There is an extensive track system that covers the park and on a nice day its a lovely place to go for a walk.

In the centre of the park there is a small working farm, where we believe the head of the park committee or groundkeeper lives. They have donkeys, chickens, pigs, cows, lamas, guinea pigs, birds of all sorts et cetera. Its really nice because all the enclosures have paths around them and you can look at all the animals like in a zoo. The children love it... as do I.

There is also a boat hire place, where you can hire small row boats to explore the small river system. On this particular day we hired a boat for half an hour and went on a small journey... it was great, once Roger learned how to steer! But at least he didn't run us into trees like me!

There are a few small cafes scattered around the park and at the edge of the park is the Park Hotel, a nice big, flashy hotel (where the Swedish World Cup players were staying during the WC '06).

Other than that there isnt too much to say about Burgerpark, enjoy the pics.




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 9; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb