Ich Bin Ein Berliner


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
April 12th 2006
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Underground in AustriaUnderground in AustriaUnderground in Austria

We stumbled across this 400 year old pub in Vienna and spent about 4 hours there drinking Austrian beer, reading and listening to our iPods.
In the words of John F. Kennedy Ich Bin Ein Berliner (I Am A Berliner), well atleast until the weekend. We arrived in Berlin on Sunday and have been staying in a very cool hostel in the centre of town. After 10 weeks of solid travelling, sightseeing and yes, drinking, we have used the past few days as an oppurtunity to take a well earned rest, well atleast from the travelling and sightseeing 😊 The past fews days have been filled with reading, playing guitar and sitting in the cafe drinking coffee. Very relaxing.

Anyway since there is not much to report I thought this would be a good oppurtunity to put some photos up (we have around 600)


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

What?What?
What?

Puddy reading and drinking in the Spa, surrounded by snow.
After PaintballAfter Paintball
After Paintball

This was taken at dusk after spending all afternoon talking and drinking beer on a sunny Prague day.
Cnr 8th and West 30thCnr 8th and West 30th
Cnr 8th and West 30th

This is on the fire escape of one of the rooms we stayed in, in New York.
With Klaus in OxfordWith Klaus in Oxford
With Klaus in Oxford

Klaus is a fantastic guy that Marcus met when he stayed in Oxford 3 years ago. It was great to catch up with him again!
Drinking in OxfordDrinking in Oxford
Drinking in Oxford

This was at the bar right next door to our hostel, which helps cause it was real real cold in England.
Fire MuseumFire Museum
Fire Museum

We did make it there to try to find the shirt that Dease donated but they said it was either in storgae or at a display in Las Vegas. There was however this badge.
Skating in Rockefellar PlazaSkating in Rockefellar Plaza
Skating in Rockefellar Plaza

This was a very cool thing to do in New York and by NY standards not all that expensive.
Storm Clouds Over RomeStorm Clouds Over Rome
Storm Clouds Over Rome

Here you can see the Castle Sant' Angelo and the Vatican just before a rain storm hit Rome.
In Prague with YanksIn Prague with Yanks
In Prague with Yanks

These are some of the nice Americans we met during our Prague stay.
Before PaintballBefore Paintball
Before Paintball

This is our victorious team. In order to get into the spirit of thing we used the girls eyeliner as war paint and considering we beat the Belfast Anti-Terorism squad I think it made the difference!
A Prague FortressA Prague Fortress
A Prague Fortress

This overlooked our paintball field.
Pudd and Anja At Blennum CastlePudd and Anja At Blennum Castle
Pudd and Anja At Blennum Castle

Beautiful, and the palace is not too bad either.
Learning GermanLearning German
Learning German

This was also taken at the 400 year old Austrian Pub.
Kristian walking in the rain in RomeKristian walking in the rain in Rome
Kristian walking in the rain in Rome

As it soon as it begins to rain in Rome, magically the street sunglass sellers turn into Umbrella vendors.


12th April 2006

Hello from London!
Yes, I'm finally here and my god it's cold! Today at least I was able to put on my sunglasses. Totally weird being on the other side of the world and not knowing where anything is. Anyway, talk shortly.
13th April 2006

Hello Again
Enjoyed your photos.
13th April 2006

ich bin ein doughnut
yes john in the words of JOHN F.KENNEDY he meant to say I am a Berliner but,on that famous day when he stood up there in front of all the Berliners he screwed up,as U.S. Presidents sometimes do,and what he actually said was I AM A DOUGH-NUT.now you can imagine the laughter that greeted that,any-way I have that on good authority from a barman on the cnr of 53rd and 2nd street N.Y. So pudd once again you strike at some outlandish time in the morning,but that's ok its all good,it's 7am good friday as i sit here going through your pics and yeah at this stage i'd still recognise you at the airport so thats promising.That's quite a view you had while you were kicking the anti-terrorist police butts,you guys have probably caused them a lot of trauma over that, they'll probably need counseling. Not much happenin here as i told you and so far nothing has turned up in the mail for you as per your request,so i will submit and sign off, keep up the photos and blogs, BLOGS weird word for a letter if you ask me. see ya's.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.05s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb