Berlin's Purple Crayon


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
April 1st 2010
Published: April 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

got phlegm?got phlegm?got phlegm?

instead of Sudafed and such being pushed here, the german medical community encourages coughing it up. spitting it out. menthol, eucalyptus and pine nut concoctions abound...bright green tho it is.
...understandably you may have yawned at the previous blog, the grey haziness of Berlin overtaking you even through digital photo. (and lack of any serious commentary --- don't worry, the sparky blogs will soon return)...

...and well, given the %!g(MISSING)rey (like, the uppermost, righthand corner of your Microsoft word ‘shading’ color palette grey),
color entrances me even more in the winter here in germany…

the simplest splash, whether in 'medicine' or the medicinal...stands out to me. and amongst my folders and files of white and grey fotos...

...here’s a few of the bright spots…



xo
k


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

more paint. more pancakes. more paint.more paint. more pancakes. more paint.
more paint. more pancakes. more paint.

i become even more appreciative of the graffiti when the greyness of the buildings blurs with the sky...(for 4 months! but who's complaining?)
blurred and deterredblurred and deterred
blurred and deterred

i've also been getting introduced to the more nordic cultures: swedish friends prepared this colorful winter 'cake' - layers of cake, well, with fish.
potsdam pallorpotsdam pallor
potsdam pallor

the snow mostly melted, one's eyes slowly readjust to ROYGBIV with muted hues
razzmatazzrazzmatazz
razzmatazz

i stepped in it again (this time thanks to my mom chattiing up her airplane seatmeat). got invited to a backstage Gibson event. guitars and water tanks - fundraising for Oxfam...
sign heresign here
sign here

even my bank brings life to the tundra. my environmentally and socially responsible bank offers greens and waterfalls. inside. (solar powered, i hope...)
open wiiiiide!open wiiiiide!
open wiiiiide!

you could eat your easter basket grass if you wanted. i love germany. 'oko' easter grass.
spot onspot on
spot on

even left-to-be-desired 70's architectural whimsy pleases the winter grey eye
footsiesfootsies
footsies

on a bitter cold day, i had to break down and buy these woolen shoe inserts. kept the shivering down to 20 bpm. (while only offered in neutrals, the other felted products dazzle...)
suggestive colorssuggestive colors
suggestive colors

not just Simply Red, this graffiti made me wanna dance (isn't it so Tracey & Ernie?)
my true colorsmy true colors
my true colors

translucently swathed over an overhead light, this color wheel has become the most important. my new life with my beliebte Fair Trade.


Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 84; dbt: 0.134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb