Dortmund to Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 27th 2008
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Mileage: 1000 miles

After Matt had left for his interview in the UK, Lucy and I spent the day in Dortmund. Wandering the streets and browsing the market stalls, I picked up a cheap (no doubt fake) watch. We ate Currywurst (sausage in spiced sauce) before returning to the campsite.

The following day, Lucy and I visited a modern art gallery which featured a wide range of mostly German pieces over the past 50 or so years. We visited an eiscafe and shared a really gorgeous chocolate ice cream in the warm sun. We wandered down to a park where we watched the ducks while waiting for the Germany/Turkey match to start. By the time we got to the square where the Fußballparty(!) was, it was heaving with Germany and Turkey fans who had turned out to watch the match live in the city. We were able to see Turkey score (to the disappointment of 90% of the people there) and Germany equalise (huge uproar) before we had to pick Matt up from the airport.

Thursday was spent mostly driving to Berlin, covering around 350 miles in one afternoon (the morning was spent picking up food from Aldi, which we had learnt was far cheaper than the first supermarket we visited!). The Berlin campsite which we are still at is right on the river (we even saw a ship carrying scrap metal!)

Today we have been wandering around Berlin. Matt has been before so was able to show us some of the sights and give us a little history on WW2 and the Berlin Wall. Having been walking through the city, we sat down for a cake in a small cafe before heading to this internet place.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb