Bundeskanzleramt & Stasi


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
February 13th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

GuideGuideGuide

Our Tour Guide
This past week was filled with alot of different events.

Monday I went with the group to the Bundeskanzleramt which is where the prime minister, Merkel, works. We were told not many people can tour the building so we were lucky enough to get in.

Thursday we went to Stammtisch but with a series of unfortunate events some of us left early but it was a good and memoriable time.

Friday we went to the Stasi Museum where we learned more about the history of the Stasi such as operations, gadgets, and administrative business deals. We then went to the prison where we were shown cells and told about what went on at the prison. However, nothing can be totally verified since Moscow wont release all of the information that they have when the prison was under Soviet control.

That night, being friday, I made myself some salmon with a lemon butter sauce and boiled potatoes.

The weekend we went to a club called Matrix and it was a bit more American style (meaning people actually danced with each other). Afterwards Sal and I got a hotdog from a stand and I had everything, which included
Meeting. Meeting. Meeting.

Metting room
mayo, catsup, mustard, pickles, and a mysterious brown crunchy stuff.

Saturday Joelle, Herbie, and I went to the Philharmonie which played Chopen and a couple other composers. We met up with some others from the program and had some bourbon on the rocks. Classy times.

This monday I met up with my tandem partner and it was good times allaround and we might see a movie together this sunday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Prison cellPrison cell
Prison cell

Prison cell from the Soviet era
GDR Propoganda posterGDR Propoganda poster
GDR Propoganda poster

"WE dont have a past. But WE create a safe future for our country."
BundeskanzleramtBundeskanzleramt
Bundeskanzleramt

Outside the Bundekanzleramt


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb