Cycling Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
September 18th 2007
Published: September 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cycling Berlin :

Billed as Germany's largest squash festival, we had a pleasant fall Sunday cycle to Klaistow outside Potsdam to see the Kuerbisranch.

The following day was very warm, so went to Mueggerssee.

On an earlier date, we cycled along the Berlin Wall Bike Path and then up to Oranienburg, a provincial town north of Berlin.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

A display of edible squash types (40)A display of edible squash types (40)
A display of edible squash types (40)

Had several gentlemen giving tips on preparation.
Suburban Potsdam Train Station Suburban Potsdam Train Station
Suburban Potsdam Train Station

This station despite its severely dilappidated condition is still in use. D Bahn denies that it is planning on getting rid of some stations when it becomes a private company next year.
End of the S Bahn line in PotsdamEnd of the S Bahn line in Potsdam
End of the S Bahn line in Potsdam

There is no Sunday service at the dilapidated station pictured prior to this one, so we wait in the forest for the S Bahn. We take the train back to Berlin from Potsdam main train station (which is in fine shape).
Berlin Wall Cycle Path Berlin Wall Cycle Path
Berlin Wall Cycle Path

Many parts of Berlin are quite rural
OranienburgOranienburg
Oranienburg

Just a picture to capture one of the many construction sites one finds in the cities of the new German states. A lot of money going into infrastructure projects. The building to the left is the first orphanage in Germany set up by the beloved Orange (Dutch) princess some time ago.


Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb