Back in touch


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear all,

I thought I would update the blog, since it's been a while. After leaving Turkey, our trip became more of a whirlwind, nonstop sort of trip. We took an overnight ferry to Athens, Greece, for 2 days, another overnight ferry to Rome for 2 days, then an overnight train to Salzburg for another 2 days, then another overnight train to Berlin for 3 days! Tomorrow we are travelling to Paris, then we will head to the Bath region via Normandie, then to London, and then home.

Did we try to do too much? Absolutely. Would we have cut anything out? Not a chance.

Athens and Rome
To be honest, Athens and Rome sort of blur together for me because they were both unbelievably hot (both places no AC, but at least in Rome it cooled down a bit in the evenings) and what we saw in both places were Roman ruins. In Rome, especially, the entry fees were VERY expensive, so we decided to become very interested in architecture (we stayed outside). I would love to go back to both places when we have more time and can maybe take some trips into the country, and I'm really glad we went (what's a trip to Europe without seeing the Colisseum, or the Parthenon?) but I was so glad to escape to ...

Salzburg
I could easily have spent another week in Salzburg. It felt like paradise! The mountain scenery is just beautiful, prices are reasonable, and the weather was cooler!! We were staying in a B&B a little outside of the city, and it was such a nice change from a dorm or tent. Salzburg is a fun town to just wander around in, buy pretzels and listen to street performers playing Mozart music. If you haven't been, GO! 😊 We also took a short trip to a little town that was on the edge of a lake in a valley that was just breathtakingly beautiful.

Well, all of my internet credit is about to run out, so I'll leave it at that for now, and add to it later.

Love to all!
Janie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb