Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 22nd 2007
Published: June 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Friday June 22

Today was amazing. we visited the Brandenburg Gate, Unter Den Linden, Victory Statue, the site of Hitler´s Bunker, Checkpoint Charlie, the Tiergarten. the list goes on. Berlin isn't quite what i expected. Neither is Germany for that matter. the stereotypical german is quite difficult to find. they seem to be a lot mor eliberal then they are given credit for. East Berlin is very interesting: massive amounts of graffiti everywhere, along with kebab shops and pizza joints.


Saturday 23rd June

Rain cancelled play today. quite a quiet morning spent booking my next month of travels, quite exciting really. went back to Checkpoint Charlie to get food as we found this reall REALLY REALLY cheap place to buy it. in total: breakfast for three days and dinner for two days (for two people) came to a grand total of 5 Euro. on that note (for those who think we are not eating) here is our menu for yesterday today and tomorrow: all prepared by Master Chef Callum and assistant Chef Bradley.

Breakfast: Muesli and Natural Yoghurt
Lunch: Subway Sub of the day: a huge range of subs different every day.
Dinner 1: Spaghetti Bolognaise with parmesan cheese
Dinner 2: Creamy chicken and mushroom with garden vegetables and pasta
Dinner 3: Steak garnished with Pepper sauce, a side of Garden vegetables and four cheeses pasta

almost forgot to mention i went to see a movie today!! a culturally enlightening event i must say. having a quiet afternoona and brad didnt feel like going so i ventured out on my own. i get off the train at the movie station and come up into the middle of none other than St Christopher Day (i think that is it) Berlins premier Gay parade. very eye opening to say the least. and where are the movies??? on the other side of the parade. GREAT...

Sunday 24th June

ventured to Potsdam today. it is quite a scenic place. alot of old architecture and very stereotypical traditional german streets. lashed out and spent 3 Euro on a dunkin donuts fruit smoothie. it wasn't bad but it doesn't compare to Boost.

Monday June 25

another quiet day today. i managed to upload a fair few photos to here which was great. ventured to the really cheap supermarket to stock up on muesli bars for the next month (2 Euro for 16 of them!!) checked out the Tiergarten this afternoon. very peaceful but alot of bugs. goign to catch up with Christian tonight before we catch the train to Copenhagen!!! first sleeper train. it should be interesting!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb