gets better in munich


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
October 24th 2006
Published: October 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Friday night we went to a dinner party where everyone rudely spoke German. Although I had my phrasebook I found it difficult to keep up with the threads of the conversation. There was a lot of laughter but that is no gaurantee of the level of humour.
Yesterday when Lisa got back from work as a caterer we walked round the centre and saw SIGHTS. Not only NEW UGLY LIONS, but also a big tower that we climbed up and saw the city below and the mountains rising up from the horizon. We are going to those mountains in a few minutes and stopping off to row a boat across a lake.

Yes we head out to the mountains in the car to see Lisa's hometown. Stop off at the lake but all the boats have gone out into the water (thankfully) and get a pedlo instead. The steering doesn't work but we somehow zigzag our way to an island in the centre of the lake. Nearly fall in trying to clamber out >> the whole mess captured on film.
Watch the sunset over the lake then drive on to Hammer, and Lisa's folks place. A beautiful place on the hillside overlooking the rest of the small town.
Go for traditional Bavarian meal in an olde restaurant.
Next day drive high into mountains and walk upwards to a hut n eat sausage n drink beer.
Train back to Munich.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb