Relaxing Sunday morning


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
June 21st 2015
Published: June 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi

Just came up on deck and have made a pot of tea watching the green green country side go by. Mary having the second only sleep in. Obviously designed to have a Sunday sleep in. We left Austria yesterday and now in Germany. Had a day trip to a small historic town in the Ceck Replubic yesterday, there was an annual festival on and it was very crowded. We left at 800 and returned at 5.30pm. (Photo) Now we are in Germany you can see the difference in the the infrastructure and their economy. Stepped up in Austria from Hungary.

Raining on and off, including the previous day when I (Peter) went for a 33km ride. There were a limited number of electric bikes and I got one which was good. About 60 of the 160 guests rode. The quads are still a little sore. The first 12kms were was magic along the river, grape vines and fruit trees and the hill side rising from the river. Then come the rain. A van with a trailer followed together with a bus for those that did not want to continue. We stopped several times and at the 20 km mark the ship went by in the rain. Rain got quite heavy at one stage and the hands were quite cold by the end. The ship moved on for our pick up. Then did an trip to a monestary and a castle (ABC) which had magic views. Then back for the on board Itallian dinner with the couple from Wagga. All guests have the option of going during the time on board. The food (6 courses) was good and the Itallian wines were excellent. Sorry the dish photos are on the camera.

No trips until lunch time today. The 160 guests are dominated by Austrlians with about 4 English and 12/15 Canadians. The food is in the main good and the service can not be faulted although as of only last night they provided some reasonable GF bread. One of the bosses went shopping and purchased 12 types.

Hope life in the real world is going well.

Mary and Peter

Advertisement



Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb