May Day Festival


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Weiden
May 2nd 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Weiden


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Beerhalle 26 secs
2: Beerhalle 18 secs
3: Joy and Michael 35 secs
May Day (May 1st) is a national holiday in Germany. We went to a nearby town, Weiden, for their annual festival. We saw carnival rides and lots of great food. We brought Inmate so the rides were out of the question, but we did have bratworsts and crepes. Just when we thought we'd seen the entire place, we saw....the Beer Tent 😊 We should have known that a festival in Germany was nothing without its BeerTent!! We saw the Oom-pah band inside and it was just too much to resist!! Waiters and waitresses dressed in traditional clothes (yes, that means Lederhosen!!) serving liters of beer as the 12 piece band plays. So much fun!!! In the first video they are waving the Bavaria flag so we assumed it's their regional anthem. We were laughing that everyone is having so much fun dancing on the tables...we'd never see Americans having that much fun with a traditional song!!

We met Joy and Michael and you can see them on one of the rides. The guy calls Joy "English Girl" because she doesn't understand what he's saying. 😊Here are some pictures...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb