Stuey, Schnaps and ... S S S ... bah... alcohol induced nausea


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Oberstaufen
December 28th 2007
Published: January 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day of pain... after all the skiing (well, standing on skis anyway) and ALL the walking the day before, I woke up feeling more than slightly in bucketloads of pain.

This day was also the arrival of Stuey, who has brought with him a new kind of pain - alcohol induced pain...

It's awesome.

We drove through fog in the morning down to Freidrichshafen airport... past the frozen alpsee, through the snow, and down into green pastures... Where we picked up Stuey... and more importantly for Warren, where we picked up the bacon and bread that Stuey had brought with him.

We drove home so that Warren could eat said bacon :P bacon and egg sangers - sahweet... Stuey also brought over the biggest jar of Marmite I have ever seen - too cool.

Anyway, soon we had started praising the Christmas tree and by the time Hugo found us we were 2 schnapps in and already hitting the Christmas beer. Good sense got the better of us and we decided to go and have a rest before the arrival of the New Year's band.

The New Year's band is ... well a band,
Awesome viewAwesome viewAwesome view

just beautiful
that travels around the area for three straight solid days before the new year and plays music for every single household. Then the house owners give them a donation and schnapps. Needless to say after a couple of hours they are all pretty pissed, and pretty freaking freezing... yet they continue to lug their instruments and play them with their frozen lips - those poor poor bastards...

They came by and we all had schnapps, their drummer was pretty gone by that stage, and they dragged Warren in to play for a while, then they dragged him next door for a meal break, and we didn't see Warren for an hour (or 6 schnapps or so) later.

That night Christine had a party at a friend's house, so Warren and Stuey and I headed in to the Glashaus... The beer was going down pretty well... Vati's music for once wasn't totally sucking... there was an awful lot of bogan dancing... the robot made a few appearances I believe... ugh...

I did not feel too good.

More dancing!! It was the only answer to my sickness. We had come to the glashaus coz there was a benefit
the New Year's bandthe New Year's bandthe New Year's band

poor bastards...
in Staufner Park that day, they had set up tents selling Gluhwein, and the Glashaus had made an ice bar - it was very cool, and there were heaps of people out and about.

Some guy had even spent all morning making this ice-sculpture of a kid sitting on bleachers looking at a bunny... hehe :P

I eventually must have looked ill enough for Stuey to suggest that we hit the frog and toad and we headed home... I know that we got home only because I woke up in my room the next morning... can't really remember how it happened though.

awesome...



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Warren's Dance movesWarren's Dance moves
Warren's Dance moves

at the Glashaus
it's getting messyit's getting messy
it's getting messy

ummm ... bongos I think


3rd January 2008

Schnapps band!!
I love the video of the band. How cool are they - going around house to house and playing. I love it. Doris sure was loaded up with all the Schnapps - good on ya Doris!
7th January 2008

We have played the band video so many times ... yet another cute German custom! My theory is that it is the cold weather that causes such strange German behaviour! All that alcohol ... or can we blame the Pom?

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb