King of the castle, but where's my Spanish Queen?


Advertisement
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
July 31st 2008
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.4505, 11.0805It's a small world - in the hostel, I saw a Korean lady, her daughter, and her mother, that I had seen on the boat to Hallstatt's train station. It actually happens a lot more often than you might think. I tried napping on the train to Nurnberg, without much success - didn't sleep well last night because of the heat. I originally considered passing through Nurnb... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

w2w2
w2

While I wasn't a big fan of Mister Lady's clothing, at least they had free internet terminals.
xx
x

Fountain of the Seven Virtues: These ladies have some pretty powerful bazookas if they can shoot out water at that pressure!
yy
y

This store sells incredibly-expensive teddy bears. Ben, you better hope your wife never visits this place!
zz
z

The Meat Bridge - supposedly inspired by Venice's Rialto bridge. I don't see how that was possible, as it's nowhere near as impressive as the Rialto Bridge.
zaza
za

In the middle of the picture, right on the water, is the Holy Ghost Hospital.
zbzb
zb

The way Albrecht Durer signs his name - looks almost like a Chinese character.
zczc
zc

Modern interpretation of "The Hare", one of Durer's most famous paintings.
zdzd
zd

Drinking two 2-litre bottles of water today - that's how much I would normally drink in Spain!
zzzz
zz

A massive dinner: Very juice and tender pork (with the exception of a few dry spots), served with strange big balls of dough, stuffed with a bit of bread in the centre. The sauce with the pork was a bit salty, but that was OK because the dumplings were very bland. The crackling was especially yummy, scored with a knife to give a beautiful appearance when roasted. The Germans have a way with crackling! A salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, bell peppers, and pickled cabbage had so much dressing that it was more like mustard soup with a little bit of veggie garnish.



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0942s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb