AMA Waterways


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
November 15th 2010
Published: November 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Danube River Cruise

This is my 3rd river cruise, and in my opinion AMA Waterways is one of the top river cruise lines. The ship is called the Amadolce, and this is just her second season sailing. The oldest ship in their fleet is only 4 years old, so, AMA Waterways can claim the newest state-of-the-art ships in Europe. They offer the most French Balcony cabins for a more enjoyable cruise.

Some of the great advantages are:
- this is not a land or cruise but something in between (a floating boutique hotel)
- no missed luggage, the airline can send your luggage to the next lock or town but
with the big ocean liners it is usually a different country and you can spend a week without your belongs.
- No motion for those like me that can have “motion sickness”
- 30 bikes on board for bike enthusiasts
- with only 145 passengers, no waiting or line ups
- included walking tours daily
- No tendering, the small ships can dock right downtown so you just get off
and you are in the heart of the city.
- a cultural and historical experience
- soda, wine and beer included with your gourmet dinner

State-of-the-art

The exclusive multi-million-dollar INFOTAINMENT System provides complimentary Internet access (keyboard and monitor) in each stateroom, along with English language satellite television and complimentary Hollywood movies. If you bring your own laptop, Wifi is included at no charge.


Luxurious stateroom surroundings

Spacious 170-sq.ft standard staterooms feature hotel-style beds, luxurious linens with down duvets, marble baths, sleek Eurojet body showerheads, plush terry robes and slippers and complimentary bottled-water daily. Junior Suites offer 255-sq.ft.

The International Crew

The crew are well trained, attentive, smiling and friendly. The crew even though from different European countries, ALL speak excellent english. The only language on board is English, and the currency is the Euro dollar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Lobby Lobby
Lobby

Decorated for Christmas
24 hr Refreshments24 hr Refreshments
24 hr Refreshments

Complimentary specialty coffees, teas and pastries available 24 hours.
The Quiet LoungeThe Quiet Lounge
The Quiet Lounge

This is a 2nd lounge not seen on the other cruise lines. Can be used for meeting or parties also.
Standard StateroomStandard Stateroom
Standard Stateroom

Beds can be arranged as twin or queen
Full body showerFull body shower
Full body shower

Amazing full body shower with water pressure that blows you away!


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb