Wonderful time in Nuremberg


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we drove from Vienna to Nuremberg, a total travel time of 4 hours. One of the thrills for me was to drive on the Autobahn and now that my new car has over 1200 km, I was able to let it run.....so to speak. This particular autobahn was a little curvy and the truck traffic along the Chez border was significant, so there I really did not experience a top end. But, I was easily able to reach 130 mph (210 kmph) with room to spare. The BMW design is so wind tested that the car simply hugs the ground at this speed. Not sure what the top end is, but the speedometer goes to 160.

Upon arriving in Nuremberg, we checked into our hotel, Adina, which is a wonderful apartment type hotel with great AC, very nice bed, large room, full kitchen with US sized refrigerator and a combo wash and dry machine. Parking is underneath the building. They have really developed this with the US traveler in mind. And, the bar had a real gin and tonic.

That evening we strolled the beautiful old city of Nuremberg and had dinner at a restaurant that specialized in the Nuremberg bratwurst, the small sausages that were either invented in Nuremberg or Saltzburg. Both claim authorship. Nuremberg has a wonderful old section with a castle (Berg type), and buildings rough hewn beam construction. This particular night was warm and there were many, many people out on the street.

On Tuesday, we drove to Bamburg to look around the old city. Bamburg has such special construction it actually defies definition. One must simply see it and experience it. We even found a great shopping place with very friendly people.

Tuesday night involved a dinner at a local Biergarten with some prior colleagues from Siemens who I have not seen since 2009. Nice to see the Siemens Medical guys.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb