Finaly internet!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Lindau
July 4th 2007
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everybody!

I’m sorry I haven’t written since I think last Saturday (todays wed I believe). That day Mom & I drove to Munich from Rothenberg (4-5 hours drive) and in between we stopped by the city of Ulm which was where the tallest steeple as well as the birthplace of Albert Einstein….it was a cool city and we found this candy shop that had these cute little candy figurines of animals and little things. So after an hour there(& finding the shirt I was meant to get there😊 we headed off to Munich upon arrival an hour later then we had said to meet up with Jim, Carol, Grandma & Ashley we finally found one of the two Hilton’s in Munich (don’t ask me why we stayed there????) On the way getting lost there, we went to the other Hilton in town and I asked a driver where our hotel was, he gave us direction & it turned out he was waiting for the Red Hot Chile Peppers to come down from the hotel to drive them to their concert that evening (that was kinda cool). That night(sat) we went to town for dinner in the main town but that was pretty much it (I wanted to go to their most famous beer hall “Hof Brau Haus” where tons of people go whether its October fest or not…but yea we didn’t go😞 For dinner they served some traditional food with homemade Pretzels as bread and instead of having the traditional fish plate (I accidentally ordered a beef filet o-well) So that night we hung out at the Hilton’s lounge (such fancy-dancy place, but nice people). I passed out on the couch with a bath rob as my blanket..go figure??? Actually we found out when Allison’s flight came in at about 12 am the night b4. So the next morning, we went to pick up Allison 😊😊😊 so excited!!!! She had arrived a half hour earlier & we were a half hour late picking her up.. but we found her at the Airport bar😊 After wards we headed straight back to Bacharach (back on the Rhine river) (4-5 hour drive….we’ve put on lots of miles) where we met the fam (J,C,G-ma & A) along with Allison and we stayed in town for two nights at this gingerbread cottage looking B&B. Grandma had a porch room with a garden view of the roses. The first night we had a 2-3 hour dinner at the oldest house there in town, built 1367(?) Monday, we took a ferry boat ride up to St. Goar (the town Mom & I stayed in b4..it was so cute) & they toured the big castle again ..but it was for everybody to see)..I read my book. Heading back on the ferry we had sunshine…it was beautiful! as well as we say the Loreley statue(the naked woman on the rock) The story is that a boatsman carrying goods from up the river came around the corner of a river bend and saw a beautiful naked women sitting on the rock brushing her hair, when th eboats men came around the corner with his goods cargo and crashed into the side of the river bank. In Bacharach the wood burning lady wanted to meet Oma Rose (grandma rose) and greet her with that saying. It was a special surprise for her…..Everybody did whatever they wanted that day…I passed out for 2-3 hours, Mom, Allison & Grandma spent the after noon in the sun out in the rose garden and at the town’s Rhineland museum(if they went I’m not entirely sure…but Allison had a cocktail there😊 We had pasta for dinner and after wards, Jim, Ashley, Carol Mom & I went to the top of the hill to see the castle that was the heart of the surround town walls that enclose Bacharach. Turns out the castle is a hostel and there were about a hundred people in the night (kids form England & the US German class on a field trip) It would’ve been awesome to stay there. We headed for the island Lindau on the lake Constantance/Constant(?) on Tuesday & it took 7-8 hours driving time with having stopped back in France in Strasbourg…a dirty town saturated with tourists and rainy, but it did have a cool Notre Dame Cathedral (there are a handful of Notre Dame in France just the Paris on is the most famous). We got the frick out of there within an hour & half…..getting lost to & from though…o-well. So the whole time driving to Lindau, it was raining and not much fun, but upon arrival, we also found cousins Chris & Julie from Sweden with us (The fam picked them up here yesterday). So today we’re off to I believe Switzerland, maybe tonight but definitely by tomorrow night, then Italy by Saturday. Its too stuffy pish-posh here…so we’re off like a large heard of turtles with the 9 of us now……the only thing here is monsoon weather…kinda cool though hope everyone is well, sorry for the long message!!! Mauh! Here’s love from Germany!

Mom, Kris, All & the rest!



Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb