Last Day in Bavaria


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Garmisch-Partenkirchen
December 26th 2006
Published: December 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Christmas DinnerChristmas DinnerChristmas Dinner

A White Christmas!
Happy Holidays to all. We started our Christmas morning in Salzburg with a small but fun celebration then drove the 112 kilometers to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. It was very cold and there was ice and frost on everything we saw making everything white. It was like driving through a Christmas card.

We had Christmas dinner at Reindl, a traditional Bavarian restaurant. When we emerged it was snowing! A white Christmas after all.

We are staying in a fantastic hotel with a view of the Zugspritz, the tallest mountain in Bavaria at 3000 meters. You do the math. We woke up to the view in the picture you see here. Wow!

We headed out in the car to find some castles and within an hour we found two. Hogenshshalokslfjkdluu Castle (I forgot how to spell that one) and Neushwanstein Castle. We didn’t tour them as the tours are very long, but I got some shots of them through the fog.

We took a different route through the Austrian Alps and encountered a stunning lake (Plansee Lech). The entire drive was one breathtaking view after another. The countryside here is indescribable.

The 26th of December is a holiday in Europe
GarmishGarmishGarmish

A Room With a View
as well as Christmas day, so there wasn’t much shopping in Garmisch, but we did enjoy some spiced, and spiked wine in the peoples walk.

Bavaria has been fun. I think we’ve all had our fill of meat. Sausage meat, flat meat, whipped meat, sliced meat, and grilled meat. Tomorrow we’re off to Venice, Italy in hopes of finding pasta.

Here’s guest blogger Jeff on our trip so far:

It was fun, and I liked the meat. Hi guys. J
I saw a strudel boy.he bounced.

OOOkay. We’ll get back to you from Italy.

Larry



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Snowy RiverSnowy River
Snowy River

Found this on the drive today
Hogenshefa.jf.jf.. CastleHogenshefa.jf.jf.. Castle
Hogenshefa.jf.jf.. Castle

I can't pronounce it either.
Our CarOur Car
Our Car

It's an Opal Zaphir!!!
GarmischGarmisch
Garmisch

Warm wine on a cold day (-12 Celsius)


26th December 2006

December 26th as a Holiday too? Cool.
Maybe you can have their people talk to our people.....
27th December 2006

Now you've done it !!!
After reading all your amusing and descriptive comments and seeing your great pictures, Terrie has informed me that we have to go over there too. I don't even want to think about what it will cost. Thanks a heap. Maybe I can get senior discounts? Seriously, keep up with the great blogs.

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb