Travel Blog Assignment #4


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Abenberg
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

How do sports play a role in the everyday life of people in Germany?

http://www.mapsofworld.com/germany/sports-in-germany.html



Germany is in the Western part of Europe. Above Africa and Italy. Sports has been around for many years. It has been a global tradition to compete for medals. Every country has competitions against each other in different sports. Germany specifically, Soccer. The German people find their culture to be very important to them. Being that playing sports falls into that, playing sports is important to them. The people of Germany can play out in the streets with their friends or family. Germany does have many sports clubs. They have 30 of them all around Germany.

Germany was also chosen to have the Olympics take place in Germany in 1931. This was a few years after Hitler had no power. A lot of the sports that are played in the United States are played in Germany as well. Playing sports is a piece of culture that is played in Germany. Everyday people get together in the streets of Germany to play. Soccer is most important because it was the easiest to play in the conditions they had in the street. Any two objects would keep goal and all that was needed was a ball. Therefore Germans began to play often asa their culture began.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb