Day 34: Lauterbrunnen to Rhine Valley


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Heidelberg
May 22nd 2005
Published: June 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Heading north we enter Germany en route to Heidelberg for an orientation tour. Then onto the picturesque town of St Goar in the Rhine Valley before reachong our hostel.

Still raining this morning, the waterfall and river were really flowing. We left at 8 and crossed the border back into Germany. Had our lunch stop at Heidelberg, a university town, where the first university was built in 1386. Went up to the castle and saw the world's largest wine vat, which holds 221 726 litres of wine, and also went to the pharmacy museum. This is where Robrert Bunsen went to uni.
Arrived in St Goar and went straight to the beer stein place, and saw the world's largest free hanging cuckoo clock. Had dinner at a restaurant, then went to our wine tasting down in a cave which was freezing. The wine was all good, the ice wine was so strong. Drove to our hotel, and Amanda suggested we all have an early night to rest up for our last 2 nights in Amsterdam. Had a few drinks in the hotel bar for Keith's birthday, then went to bed exhausted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb