Fahre Vergnugen!!!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Baden-Baden
August 6th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our first Euro-roadtrip! We rented a VW station wagon, loaded up the little monkeys, and hit the road! We did pretty well, only taking about 1/2 the trip to figure out the Swiss roadsigns...Amazingly, in about 3 hours, (and two emergency pitstops so Abigail could hurl in the ditch...our poor little car sick kid) we were nestled in the breathtaking Black Forest. We stayed in a small town outside of Baden Baden, named "Bad Herrenalb". The area is known for its wellness spas and thermal baths. Nate and I agreed that the area made us both a little homesick for northern Wisconsin...it has a very similar feel (but amped up x10)..great people, great food and beautiful surroundings. Nate was lovin' the auto bahn as we day tripped to the old walled city of Rothenburg, Germany. I had visited the city before when my brother, Tedd, was stationed in Fulda, Germany....ahhh, it was just as charming as I remembered. Rothenburg is the home of my all time favorite museum, The Crime and torture museum. It is completely quirky and entertaining...not at all as gory as it sounds. It is the only museum we have dared visited in full with the girls, and they loved it...running around going "yuuuckkk, ohhhh, naasty"...it was fun (or we are weird, whichever.) Day 3, we spent the morning in the thermal bad with the locals and the visiting geriatric crowd,..kind of cute, we were only one of a handful of visitors under the age of about 80, but the little Oma's and Opa's didn't mind our little critters livening up their morning soak! I refused to leave the region until we had some Black Forest cake and then we headed south for Colmar, France in the Alsace wine region.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Ab and BellaAb and Bella
Ab and Bella

A rare moment of sibling peace!
RothenburgRothenburg
Rothenburg

The gate to the walled city
European Tantrum Tour: RothenburgEuropean Tantrum Tour: Rothenburg
European Tantrum Tour: Rothenburg

Bella's tantrum tour continues..right on schedule!
The WallThe Wall
The Wall

peeking through the wall of Rothenburg
Nic, Nate and BellaNic, Nate and Bella
Nic, Nate and Bella

Rothenburg wall
Town Square: RothenburgTown Square: Rothenburg
Town Square: Rothenburg

The little German guys come out of the window and drink beer when the clock chimes....Nate wanted to cry like a little girl.
Bella's "Robot"Bella's "Robot"
Bella's "Robot"

Bella loved this guy, she calls him her robot.
German GnomesGerman Gnomes
German Gnomes

..can't go to Germany without some gnomes!
a fart?...who did it?a fart?...who did it?
a fart?...who did it?

hee, hee, ..we love the German language
halt with the farting!halt with the farting!
halt with the farting!

(I love potty humor)


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb