Rough week for Eric Coutu


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Rouen
April 10th 2007
Published: April 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Eric Coutu has had a rough week, one of the most ‘unlucky’ weeks I have ever seen. (Eric is the history professor from Quebec who took me on a tour of Rouen when I first arrived.He pitches and plays shortstop, he also coaches the Cadet--15 year old--team at Bois-Guillaume. He is also the one in the picture in a previous blog with a balloon on his head.)

Last Sunday on his way home from our game he rear-ended another car at a traffic circle.

Then on Tuesday he went to the emergency room because of severe stomach pains (he has been having intestinal problems for a while).

Then Wednesday at practice he was hit with a ball at first base; the ball hit a rock, came up and popped him in the face. He was knocked out immediately and fell to the ground. He was out for a good 10 seconds. In falling to the ground he sprained his knee, and aggravated his stomach issue.

Then on Friday he was feeling pain in his abdomen again; when he went to see the doctor he was told that it was most likely a broken rib, that he would need an MRI.

Then on the way to our game on Sunday he got a speeding ticket.

During warm-ups before the game players were taking soft toss, hitting balls into a screen on the side of the field, when one player accidently let go of the bat while swinging; the bat found its way to eric’s right leg, the same one he had injured numerous times.

In our second game he had to stop play after five innings because his injuries were starting to catch up on him.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.407s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb