Imaginary diffrences


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Montivilliers
March 29th 2015
Published: March 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The longer I stay here, the more I realize how diverse the world must be.

Example: Here, the isn't an Easter Bunny. They were even perplexed by the idea like, why would there be an Easter Bunny? How does an bunny get ahold of eggs? What they have instead is church bells.... The church bells fly away for the weekend and when they return, as they fly over your house and they lose eggs along the way. And that's only one different country. Imagine all the different traditions other countries follow, which compared to us, seem completely ridiculous.

Some things are similar though, and somethings scarily similar, Like the hierarchy of teenagers is exactly there same; the way people react to others from different social standings. Another that is really similar would be the profile of rugby players,

Here are the types of rugby players you'll find on my home team and on the "Le Havre" team, in France.

- The Hulk: The most pristine image of a female prop. Square shoulders and strong core, this girl is a powerhouse with proper training.

- The Pretty One: The fastest on the team, tiniest little waist, and has legs for DAYYYSS... She's got pace and she knows it. You can see it in the way she wears a full face of makeup to practice and the perfect effortlessly curled ponytail.

-The Head Honcho: Probably NOT the best player on the team but, makes up for it with their team spirit and loud mouth calls. Pep talks are what they live for, and if they score a try, you'll hear about it.

-The Insecure Noobie: The one player who isn't quite sure of the game yet, and who isn't even sure of their own strengths. You'll find them on the wing for sure, because it's the safest place to observe.

-The Nine : An Impossibly small woman child with a half decent spin pass that somehow transforms when you add the magic of a deep side lunge. Not big enough for most carnival rides yet, this player makes up for her lack of height, in sass on and off the field.

There is one thing that is clearly different from my home team though: We won't finish 30 mins early to smoke cigs together after practice, and drink coke... The scariest thing is that it wasn't even a question. It was as though it was a continuation of the practice, and that was all too disturbing to me. Unfortunately, they're idea of healthy living was compromised by the idea that smoking, "can't be that bad right? If everyone does it"

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Trying to describe all the things that are different here and how they compare to back home is an impossible task. It's so different, I don't even see how comparing it makes sense, like there is just no comparison. Unfortunately, I take that as a challenge and try to explain everything, and compare everything to back home. I feel like I'm trying to cut up everything into bit size pieces of information so that you all might understand, but really, there is no way for my words to express how amazing, and diverse this place is. "This place", being the world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb