Tour de Chev


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Le Havre
September 14th 2009
Published: September 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 1 Cardiff to Honfleur


Additional maps: Day 2 Honfleur to Carnac

Departure Date minus 1.

I've just started this blog and am unfamiliar with how it works. Anyway the idea is to record a holiday that Jane and I are taking in France. The mode of transport being the Big Bad Chev (my Chevrolet Camaro, the hero of the Big Drive Home in 2002), back to doing what it does best: long distrance cruising.
The plan is to take the ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre and stay the first night in Honfleur. Then travel to Carnac in Brittany to look at prehistoric standing stones and dolmens: comparing them with the ones we've enjoyed locating and visiting in West Wales (but without the accompanying pagan rituals). Afterwards the plan is more flexible, heading south via La Rochelle to look at the cave paintings at Lascaux in the Dordogne, then on to Nimes, Carcassone, Biarritz and ferry back from Bilbao or Santander at the beginning of October.
If I can manage the links properly I'll be including maps of the journey and some photos.
I hope that it works ok and that you enjoy it.
Suggestions and comments are always welcome, and can sent to me written on £20 notes.
Jenks the Scribe


Advertisement



19th September 2009

Picture
We wanna see a picture of the car!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb