Let it Snow!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes
January 30th 2015
Published: February 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

From the Rocky Mountains of Oman we travelled 7 hours to the French Alps, specifically Les Gets.

We spent 7 nights in the glorious Alps, where the snow covers the earth as far as the eye can see. The snow seems to take you back in time, making you feel like a young child. Eager to throw yourself into the snow to make snow angels and throw snowballs at any willing participant, as you anticipate the arrival of Santa on Christmas Eve.

We spent the week with family, conquering the mountain, in our own individual ways. From ski lessons for the beginners to death defying stunts off piste for the more experienced skiers and snowboarders...LUNATICS! Each of us suffered the consequences of our desire for adventure and adrenalin, with new ailments each day. That, however, did not dampen our appetite for the snow, as we returned for more, each and every day...no pain, no gain, hey? The mulled wine certainly helped!

During our stay in the Alps, more that 115cms of snow fell and it is still coming down as we continue our stay in Copponex, with the family.

It is such a foreign experience to look out the window and see the snow falling, only to go outside and luge down a hill with my niece and nephew and of course throw snow at eachother..it's so much fun!

The snow holiday in our opinion, is a definite must for any keen adventurer and the Alps is super special..what a place to learn to Ski.

The food and wine is divine here and the company fabulous... Jay tripping is awesome!!!

So from one extreme to the other, stay cool over there in WA and don't forget the sunscreen!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



3rd February 2015

love you, miss you
The boys and i have read all your blogs and immersed ourselves in your journey and in your photos. What an amazing adventure you guys are having and thank you for sharing it with us. We love you, we miss you and we look forward to more adventures shared by you. All our love aĺways Helen, Josh and T man xxxxxxxxx
4th February 2015

So awesome!
OMG! Love the photo's and so happy to see you all together having such a wonderful time! Hope the skiing bumps and bruises have healed? It's surreal for me to see the backyard picture at Kate and Ro's, I can picture it perfectly - without the snow, haha. Look forward to the next update. All is well here xxxx

Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb