Last day...so sad


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Valence
August 2nd 2011
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Alambic machineAlambic machineAlambic machine

This was at the roundabout as you enter St-Peray. It is from a nearby alambic museum (distillery museum).
Well, it's our last day so we just spent the day close to home. Did some cleaning, mowed the lawn, ran. Went to a small lake nearby but when we got there, we found out it was closed. It was a private lake but you can go in for a small fee (if it had been open). So, we headed back to Valence and ended up finding a beautiful park called Parc de Jouvet. It was huge with lots of big old trees, a fountain (of course, every park has a fountain), and a little train that went around a track through the park. There were also lots of beautiful gardens. The kids played for a long time here and even made some French friends.

We've enjoyed our holiday here so much and are sad to see it come to an end. We've really enjoyed the house we stayed at, the chickens, the fresh vegetables, the huge yard. It was a great place to stay and a very central spot for all of our day trips.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Giant swingGiant swing
Giant swing

Kids loved this one!
Having funHaving fun
Having fun

A spinning ride at the park.
TrainTrain
Train

Rides around a track around the park.
Part of the parkPart of the park
Part of the park

This was part of the park.
FountainFountain
Fountain

Every park has a fountain.


3rd August 2011

Thanks.....
....for including us once again on your travel log list. We enjoyed the daily updates - it felt like we were there with you. We'll miss our daily dose of France. Have a safe trip back tomorrow - we'll see you soon.

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb