Corsica 2012,


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
October 9th 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

France,Corsica,France,Monico,France,Torino,France,Geneva,France. I think I got them all. Torino was interesting. Went and saw the Shroud. Oddly enough the church that houses it doesn't look that much like a great cathedral on the outside, Inside is a completely different story. All around the church there are ancient Roman ruins that are continuosly being excavated. Very interesting place from a historical perpespective, Sunday morning in Torino the streets are lined with book sellers. It's sort of like a giant flea market up and down both sides of the street but only selling books.

There's a bridge that runs from the end of a tunnel on the way to Geneva that has to be the longest and highest I've ever been on . Remember the bridges in New York? Well this one makes them look like a puddle jump and I have to admit that my son in law is an excellent driver. We got into Geneva and found a car rally starting off by the lake . Got some good pictures of some very fine machinery. The kids thought that the parking lot was the absolute greatest though. They could walk/run for great distances without running into anything or having to turn around. Their caretakers on the other hand ended up sleeping very well that night. If you're travelling to Europe make sure you get a converter for your camera to recharge the batteries and if you go to Switzerland you'll need a completely different one there than the rest of Europe. My camera battery nearly died and if the hotel in Geneva didn't have one it would have. Anyway we're back in Lyon now. Everyone has gone food shopping so I got a chance to do this. Tonight we are getting a babysitter for a much earned dinner out for adults only. Tomorrow we have a last day in old Lyon and in a couple of days we'll be home and missing our grandchildren very much. But they have great parents and grandparents here so no worries and Mere said that they may come over to visit next June. Yay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb