yes i tried snails!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
February 28th 2006
Published: February 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

DAY3:so we leave Paris headed for Lyon.Was quiet a drive but hey on the way there we got a chance to chat to everyone on the bus which was good.Got to Lyon in the avo and we were only there for one night so the plan was that night Dean was taking us on a walk around Lyon then we could do our own thing for tea and make our way back to the hotel ourselves...so off we went...was very much like paris, saw the royal families palace which was awesome.ive decided i would like to be a princess now and, no matter what kelly tries to tell any of you I shot gun prince harry NO CHALLENGES..hehe
So on the end of our walk we came to 2 restaurants that were trying to get us to eat there but since there was 50 of us it was a bit hard so moast people went into one that said it would give them free wine..but a few of us went next door to the other one...when i say "us" i mean me kel steph alex and lisa our new friends from contiki.So we ordered snails and a main course each..snails...alex ate his, me steph and lisa chewed ours for a bit then spat them out gracefully into a napkin!and kel swallowed half of hers but spat the other half out...it was a charming sight...oh and the waitress was laughing at us too!
so after dinner we all walked back to the hotel...and i may or may not have started a snow fight on the way home...hehe
All in all it was a top night
DAY4:The next day was a day travelling to Barcelona.Before we checked into our hotel we went and checked out the 1992 olympic stadium!that was pretty cool!we couldnt go and check out the ppol cause it was closed!i was a bit cut cause i would have loved to see it!!but anyway after that we drove up this hill that has the most beautful views of Balcelona which as cool...took some happy snappys..oh i saw my first beach for the first time since i left!!well...no one was swimming in it...and it was next to a big docking area...but i still claim it was a beach!!so then we checked into our hotel which was awesome!we had the best room ever!it was awesome!so that night was a free night so after dinner everyone was going to this sangria bar that dean was talking them too...but steph kel and i wanted to go see this famous fountain that goes off at night and has lights..basically would have been one of the most beautiful things to see so we were going to the sangria bar afterwards...
so began our journey to the fountain...firstly we walked up the wrong street which was a bit annoying cause it was a damn long street but that was cool then we aventually walked up the right one and couldnt see any fountain...so we saw this thing that could have been it so we waited a bit for it too come one...after nothing happened for about half an hour steph proceeded up to these local boys who were walking past and asked them what the deal was....apparently it dosnt come on in winter!!STUPID DEAN!!yeh so we were cold nd bothered(steph dont lie i could tell you were bothered😊 so we ditched the sangria bar and went to bed...may i add we laft to find the fountain at 9...got home at 11...but hey we laughed about it...and blamed Dean for telling lies!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb