Versaille is a Place for People with no heads


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
February 22nd 2008
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Eiffel Tower light show 102 secs
ParisParisParis

Yes, here it is!! Can you see Jessie waving from the top?
We wrapped up Bordeaux and headed towards Paris on a chilly, foggy morning. Paris is the first city since New York that seems to buzz with energy. We did everything there that we wanted to do, except enter Versailles that is. Word to the wise, BUY YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE. And get there early, not on Tuesday, with a book (war and peace or something like that). We waited in line for 45 min for tickets, and watched the line to get in grow until it went from the front to outside the gate!!! We should have taken a picture! I raised the two tickets above my head, loudly proclaimed what i thought of Versailles, and promptly sold them for face value. We'll never go back.
We went to museums, ate, saw the sights, and ate some more; we picnic'd with rillets and crunchy/chewy baguettes.
Lyon was fun, all we did was eat. In the afternoon we sat outside drinking beer, Jessie eating beef tartar and me slurping delicious oysters shucked by a ruddy faced Frenchman with gray mutton chop sideburns. I'm pretty certain he was the owner of the restaurant, and i thought that this would be a lovely way
Juust KiddingJuust KiddingJuust Kidding

We didn't go up the Eiffel Tower (that costs money!) But here we are directly below it!
to spend time at work: outside, watching your patrons, and slurping oysters in between opening them for orders.
We left Lyon stuffed and slept the 5 hours it took to get to Strasbourg. Walking to our hotel, under a perfect blue sky and towering Tudor houses that look like they're ready to fall over from age (but not lack of upkeep), i turned to Jessie and asked "where are we?" It's all to lovely, but we're out of time!!
bye for now


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

A surly local.A surly local.
A surly local.

This local Frenchy was chomping on a sausage for lunch and gesturing rudely at tourists. We just had to have a photo!!
Cookie FaceCookie Face
Cookie Face

Jessie bought a giant tuile cookie the size of her head!
CharcuterieCharcuterie
Charcuterie

A butcher shop in Lyon. The owner and I talked in spanish as it was our common language.
StrasbourgStrasbourg
Strasbourg

The capital of Alsace is full of tudor, sausages, and canals. It's beautiful.


24th February 2008

Aaaah!! PARIS!!!
Finally!!! I've been waiting for you to post pictures of Paris. It looks like you are having a lot of fun. See you guys soon!

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0908s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb