Skiing the Alps?


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
January 12th 2007
Published: January 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from the chalet!View from the chalet!View from the chalet!

Outside our window at the ski chalet at Les Arcs.
So after a bizarre turn in London..I've just spent a week skiing the alps. Emma Pinder...the young lady whos family I was staying with found a great steal of a deal of a package of a ski holiday in "Les Arcs"! We have been spoiled for a week with breakfast and 3 course dinners served for us by funny, entertaining young men from all over the uk. Its been somewhat amazing. Spending 3 days on the slopes...2 not feeling too well and 1 enjoying the sights and sounds it has been sweet. Never did I think on a backpacking trip would I be up in a ski village for the rich brits! Met lots of cool people from England and some crazy French too. The conditions have been somewhat amazing...the best snow they have had all day and tons of sunshine too. Hopefully everyone is adjusting back into school...muwahaha..just kidding...Miss you all lots and look forward to hearing from you all!

Much Love


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Chairlift PhotoChairlift Photo
Chairlift Photo

When my ski buddies Emma and Nic stayed in one day..I headed out alone and ended up snowboarding with Franklin the Frenchman!


15th January 2007

Wish we werer there
Wow, what a great experience to ski in the Alps and have great weather and ski conditions too. I was told there was no snow in Europe now. We all want Whitney to be happy and safe on her adventure so enjoy each minute Whitney but be careful too. Have you had fun speaking the language and is the french much different than our Canadian version. Let us all know what you have seen and what you think. Love Mom
15th January 2007

wow...that all sounds really exciting. ALMOST as exciting as being in school, but not quite. take good pictures to convince me to get across the pond when i can!!!
16th January 2007

Missing You
Hi Whitney, Wow! What a great start to your holiday. Did you go to the top of you know what. You know I will never here the end of it if at least my daughter has the courage to go to the top. Missing you like crazy and wish I was with you. Charlie is missing you like crazy too. Be safe, be happy and have fun. Love Mom
16th January 2007

alps?
What were the lifts like in the alps? Were the rentals decent? Was there lots of snow? i'm jelous of your wicked opportunity to live out my dream. hope your having a gay old time with nicholas. tell him to r e s p e c t my favourite adopted sister. eat lots k? drink lots k? mucho love. dj.
16th January 2007

MISS U!
HELLLoo Miss Whitney!!! I wiLL be in London feb 6th at 9:50am Lol.... soo excited soo I hope we can meet up! I am now staying a little over two weeks! hehe Misss u lots!!!!! take care!!!
17th January 2007

Turning green with envy!!!
Hi Hon, I just got updated via your blog. Sounds like you're having a great time. How were the conditions skiing the Alps? Be sure to take lots of pictures. Charlie and I had our weekly visit today. She went absolutely manic when I let her out of her kennel. I am sure she misses her bed buddy. Everyone is doing well except Grandma. She's fighting the flu. She's not too sick but is really feeling house-bound. She sends all her love to you. We both wish you the best. Have fun, take care and be safe. Love Grandma and Auntie Barb.
17th January 2007

Skiing the Alps
Hi Hon, it sounds that you're having a great. What a great way to start your trip. Keep an eye on those Frenchman, they can get overly friendly, likewise with the Irish. Most of it is in fun, ignore them and they eventually leave you alone. Charlie and I had our weekly visit today and she said she really misses you as we all do. Jan. 15th was Uncle Blakes' birthday. I called him and he answered the phone and actually had a brief chat. He and Jane said to pass on their regards. Say "Hi" to Nick. Take care, have fun and be safe. Love Grandma and Auntie Barb.
18th January 2007

Wow
Wish we were there, we actually have lots of snow in Vancouver right now. Don't know why the heck we left Arizona, just kidding wouldn't mis Xmas with the Grand Children for anything. Continue having a great time in Europe take care of yourself over there. Love Uncle and Aunty.

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb