Settling in to our new home


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Grenoble
May 6th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a day of travel, we slept in this morning, us in the bedroom and Joshua and Benjamin on the pull out mattress in the living room. During my morning coffee, I managed to load the software and get our INTERNET working, which was a relief, though it seem to cut in and out.
After breakfast, we took a walk around the neighbourhood. We found an art supply store, where we were able to buy some things we have been needing for Benjamin and Joshua's school work. We had slices for pizza for lunch (except Evy who has a Croque Monsieur, and although good, it just is not the same as in Italy.

We all took a trip to the supermarket and bought food for dinner, before spending the afternoon doing school work. Late in the afternoon, Evy and I went out to see if we could by a sim card to give a local France number for our cell phone. Unlike other countries we have been to though (where they practically give you the card for free knowing that you will then be buying airtime), the cards here are relatively expensive (40 Euro with no airtime) and so we decided to think about but then remembered we should try our international phone card again (works anywhere in the world), though the reception on this had been so bad in New Zealand that we have not used it since.

After dinner at the apartment, we watched several episodes of “House” in French on the tv before turning in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb