One week is not an Oeuf - New Years Skiing in Argentiere/Chamonix


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Chamonix » Argentiere
December 28th 2008
Published: January 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


With some of the best pre season snow in years the decision to ski over New Year looked like a good one!


Jo, Polly, Sally, Lucy, James, Paul, Dave, Nick and Nick Zveg - headed to Argentiere.


Blues skies and sunshine greeted us on arrival with the promise of some new snow mid week and then more sunshine. The apartment in Argentiere had its new third bedroom and was surprisingly comfortable for 10 of us over new year. Check out the link below for more information on Chamonix and details of the apartment which is available to rent at pretty good rates!



Chamsnow



The skiing was great. James picked up snowboarding quickly, Lucy improved on what she'd done before and was going down a Red run on day two. All were skiing the Grand Montets during the week which is no mean feet for beginners and had done blacks before we left!



The remainder of us managed to get through unscathed with Nick Zveg showing us all how it should be done. Mid week saw a good powder day although the hang overs from the night before made it a bit harder than it should have been. I never normally fall over Dave - honest!



Lots of good food throughout the week was enjoyed culminating in James and Lucy's 6 cheese fondue which was delicious!


All in all another great week skiing, the dip in the Euro made it a bit more expenisve than before but still worth it and will be back as soon as possible. Maybe before the end of the season if the Euro and job front improves!

Thanks Paul and Dave for putting us up and we'll continue to spread the word on the rental front - see link included above!






Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Paul and JoPaul and Jo
Paul and Jo

Superbad actions
PaulPaul
Paul

Le Tours
PaulPaul
Paul

Le Tours
DaveDave
Dave

Le Tours
DaveDave
Dave

Le Tours
SallySally
Sally

Le Tours


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb