Annecy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy
July 6th 2007
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Me and Pernille spent the last three days together in Annecy, one of the beutiful Alp-mountain cities in France. Unfortunately the weather was quite bad, but there are tons of things to do even when the weather is bad - for example shopping and eating at nice restaurants ;o)
So, after all, we spent two rainy days here where we cut our hair, went shopping and just took it easy and spent time together.
On the third day the sky semmed to look brighter and the clouds were not as low as the previous days, so we took the chance to go on a walk in the mountains around Annecy to get a good view of the city and the lake from above. We bought a map and started climbing the mountain. The more the time passed, the better the weather was and in the end of the day the sky was all blue and we could see the splendid beauty of the lake very good - the water of the lake is very clean and it had a magic blue/green color (see pics in photo album). We met quite a lot of people during the walk and they all seemed quite astonished that two girls went walking on their own. Haha, just what you could expect here.
We walked well over five hours and brought a picnic and just had a really nice time (and I am actually beginning to understand Norwegian very well haha), but in the end I strained my ancle really bad. I was able to go home, or even run, while I was still warm, but back in the hotel the size of my ancle was not of this world...
We slept in a hotel in the quarters behind the train station that was held by a charming old lady, with grey hair and ponytails who spoke both English and German. She seemed to have a husband also, but we never had the chance to see him, but we could hear him make strange noises behind the reception wall... The house itself must have been very old and I don't even want to think about the number of fungus and moist those walls contained. I don't know, but I could imagine that the house has been used to lodge crazy people before and you could feel that there was something strange in the walls. The wind passed through and the whole house seemed to live and make sounds throughout the whole night. There were long corridors with moderate, yellowish lights in the very end of them, in the corners. Many doors had no handle (I did not dare to ask what was behind them, yet not trying to open them) and the number 13 did of course not exist, but well a 12 bis (luckily not our room). It all felt like a Stephen King book, but it all passed well and the lady was so charming that I would definitely go back if I ever went to Annecy again.
At the end of our Annecy stay, Pernille went to Geneva to join her b-friend and I continued my tour de France by taking a train to Grenoble. Thank you Pernille for the excellent company and always fun spirit, and hope to see you soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb