exploring the South of France in Black and White


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
September 25th 2014
Published: September 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

My first TravelBlog article presented a few black and white photos from Arizona, to see if viewers might be interested in that medium. As it turned out there has been a lot of interest, so from time to time I’m planning on doing a series of B and W photos on individual countries or regions. Here is the first one, showing (from west to east) a few of the places I’ve visited in the south of France (including my favorite place of all, Antibes).

Provence (which includes the French Riviera from Hyères to the Italian border) is a fascinating region …its history and its different cultures go back thousands of years. The people are friendly and laid-back, and its pure light has attracted painters … both famous and unheralded … by the score. Its best known cities and towns are Marseilles, Nice, Cannes, Aix, Antibes, Avignon, Arles and Menton, and there are also many historic villages perched on mountain-tops, such as Saint-Paul de Vence.

I hope you enjoy these photos, and you can click on any of them to enlarge it for better viewing if you wish.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb