Arrival in Cherbourg


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
August 31st 2005
Published: September 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Cherbourg late morning to find it was a very hot day. Didn't want to waste any time, so after a brief spell of shopping for baguettes and cheese, we started driving to Cannes.

The day grew hotter and hotter until it became positively unfomfortable, especially as there was no airconditioning in our camper. Iona started getting really irritable as her ankles had already swollen to cricket ball size.

But otherwise it was great driving through all those pretty villages and we spent the night outside Dijon. Up in the hills it was cooler so the night was bearable. We were almost at Rives where we were to spend the night with friends, when the camper broke down!

What chaos! It was hot as hell, and Tony and Devron went around looking for a mechanic. Iona sat herself down on the roadside to cool down. Half an hour later they turn up in a car with a very nice mechanic who turned out to be one of the ''Technical Control" people like the ones you have at the Vehicle Road Test centres. He found out what the problem was at once, but couldn't fix it himself. Promised to send someone around with the actual part and an hour later someone did come and fix it - whew!

So we were on our way and only arrived at Rives around midnight. Our friends Francoise, Martial and Youen kindly waited up for us and hadn't as yet eaten dinner, so we all had a great midnight feast and went to bed exhausted after the heat wave of the day...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb