FRANCE Day 4: Cannes & Monaco


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Saved: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

PhudiPhudiPhudi

they wrote out 'Phudi' on the sand when the beach became deserted in the evening!! LOL!!
To see some photos, visit my REAL blog:
elmundofarzina.blogspot.com


Went to Cannes yesterday......much nicer SANDY beach there. Saw where they hold the Cannes Film Festival. Very exciting. Not. Spent the whole day there, lying on the beach, swimming in the Mediteranean, roller-blading, had Chinese for dinner. Everyone thought I looked like a dead body when i smeared sunblock all over my legs. Can't help it if the E45 sunblock is extra thick! The coast was lined with designer shops like Gucci and so on, so obviously didnt do much shopping. The water is excruciatingly cold when your going in, and they practically had to force me in, but once you get inside it's wicked, especially with the sun in your face. Us girls got kebabs from the Turkish place opposite our hotel later that night and had a nice munch in the hotel room. Everyone went out that night but I decided to chill out on my own in the hotel and read. Wasn't really up for going out. Thought I'd stay in, recharge my batteries......Which was a bit useless when I got woken up by the girls when they came in giggling in the middle of the night...

Anyway today we went to Monte Carlo, Monaco! That was very different, didnt go to any beaches, but walked for ages and ages, and our legs killed at the end cuz Monte Carlo is soooo hilly. At any one spot, you look down and you see a few layers of roads and buildings. It's really cool how they've managed to build all these sloping roads. We saw the Grand Prix route, and walked through the main tunnel. Monte Carlo is just DRIPPING with money. It's been built up on Casino money, and everywhere you look there are Ferrari's and Lamborghini's whizzing about. The port is filled with private yachts, which looked achingly beautiful. Ive decided to buy a yacht when Im rich someday. or um, marry someone rich. :P The underground paths are lined with marble?!!! There is a distinct lack of toilets however. There are tourist buses running throughout the main town centre and its free to get on and off.

We decided to get a taste of gambling, cuz we heard about Al winning 500 euros's with 2 chips earlier so we thought we might give it a shot lol. so I bought 5 WHOLE euros worth of chips and played on the jackpot machine. I ended up winning bare coins but put them all back in and lost them. oof. i was clever though, and made sure I kept 5 Euros of winnings aside, so i came back out a happy chica 😊 Amrita won 5 euros on top of the 5 euro's she'd put in at first, so she bought an ice-cream with her winnings. And because i had loaned her 30 cents to buy her chips, she gave me a 60 cents proportion of the ice-cream :P

We went up to see the palace which was nothing special, except for the view from outside it. Amaaazing panaromic view of the whole of Monte Carlo and the Mediteranean.



To see some photos, visit my REAL blog:
elmundofarzina.blogspot.com

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

7th January 2006

This years phudi harvest
Is going to be quite good from all accounts.

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb