Bicycle Races


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

After the paragliding trip, we decided to make our next stop in the southern French Alps at Serre Chevalier. We chose this place as J had spent a ski season here and was keen to see the place again. It is also a convenient 3 hour drive from Annecy over another of the famous TdF cols – the col Galibier (2642m) so a very serious pass.

Serre Chevalier still has an early season feel to it (ie most things are still shut until the 1st week of July), but there is enough open to make the stay enjoyable. We have rented a great value, but small, ski apartment in Villeneuve which is fine for us but would be a squeeze for 4 which is what it is meant to take.

Serre Chevalier feels like a cycling area, and although there are other things to do here (rafting, paragliding and hiking) the main event here is clearly the Tour de France stage that runs through here on the 13th July.

This is the chance for me to do some hiking after spending most the last 2 weeks driving a mini-bus. The first day we take the ski gondola up the south side of the valley and walk back down to Chartermerle village. The following day we drive up the road towards the Col du Granon and walk up to the Porte de Cristol (2473m). Weather fantastic on both days. Maybe the pictures make it look as good as it was.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb