A Night in St. Tropez


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well Known ComediansWell Known ComediansWell Known Comedians

A little shop that featured the busts of the famous characters from a favorite French TV show
Saturday Night in St. Tropez

Saturday night we took Rochelle's car and drove into the port of St. Tropez for dinner. The parking there is so terrible that Rochelle had to parallel park in the tiniest of places which took her nearly 5 minutes but needless to say we were NOT paying for parking and she did a terrific job - I should have filmed her it was so good - although she might have used the bumpers a bit.

Two years ago Caroline had visited St. Tropez for work and had gone to dinner at a little bar/cafe in the port area. She was determined that we find this place because the food was supposedly good and prices were decent for a tourist area. So we wandered the streets, passing many cute little restaurants and cafes that looked amazing to me, especially given the late hour for dinner, on the quest to find The One. At one point Caro stopped to looked at a menu of a place and her and Virginie agreed it was fine so we went in. (Caroline seemed disappointed that she hadn't found the cafe she remembered but probably decided the rest of us
Finding DinnerFinding DinnerFinding Dinner

Wandering the streets of St. Tropez port looking for the perfect place to eat
were probably hungry.) The waiter seated us on the other side of the cafe outdoors on the patio under a little canopy. At this point Caroline said this was THE place and she just hadn't recognized it from the other side. I was impressed that she had remembered it after two years.

Dinner was decent although not the best that I've had in France. Rochelle, Caro and Virginie ordered meat and fries and I ordered pasta. We skipped dessert at the restaurant to save room for ice cream at Barbar's - a famous ice cream parlor. After paying we left the restaurant and walked onto the major street next to the water.

The town of St. Tropez is fun and exciting given its small size. There are many little winding streets that curve along the town and are crammed with shops, cafes, boutiques and apartments. During the day the tourists wander in and out of the shops but at night only the main restaurants and bars on the main street next to the water tend to be open so everyone hangs out there to eat, drink and stare at the expensive yachts.

Along the way we passed
Picture at the tablePicture at the tablePicture at the table

A cute little outdoor bar and cafe
two people dressed in golden robes and costumes that posed as statues and then would move and change positions when someone put money in their box. Although there were quite a few ice cream shops and stands, Barbarc's was the most crowded. They have a variety of interesting flavors and make their waffle cones fresh. While we licked out cones we walked around the water and gazed at all the boats. At night its a beautiful sight with all the lights and stars reflecting off the water. Its amusing to see the people having dinner on their yachts while their crew and security guards stand waiting for their orders and tourists walk by staring at them. Personally I wouldn't want to have dinner with people gaping at me but I guess some don't mind the idea of being on display like an animal at a zoo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Live StatuesLive Statues
Live Statues

The Golden figures are actually people that pose in a position until someone drops some money in their box
Silly GlassesSilly Glasses
Silly Glasses

Fish goggles
Barbarac'sBarbarac's
Barbarac's

Standing outside the famous Barbarc ice cream parlor


25th July 2008

:}
Hey Miss Kerissa, Looks like you are having fun. The story of you and the girl's trying to find the perfect cafe cracked me up. The pictures were beautiful, of all the lights at night...ummmmm, so pretty. Makes me wish I could be there with you to enjoy it. I love you so much and miss you like crazy.
30th July 2008

St Tropez
What a beautiful place. And how glorious to walk the streets of such a famous town. Loved the observation on the yacht owners - aren't they funny? The very rich are different and, I think, pretty weird. I'm glad you get to try the best food items - or at least the best in someone's opinion. You look wonderful as doCaro and Virginie. Rochelle is a great addition to the group of lovely ladies. Wish I could be there, but I almost feel like I am. I love you.

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1146s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb