Monday May 11, 2009


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Monday May 11, 2009
Today we were up and out of the house by 9am headed North on a bike ride. The weather had originally been forecast as raining, but then changed to windy and cloudy. The winds were at about 27mph. We went north through Sint-Pieters and along a bike only path that skirted all the gravel and brick making foundries - interesting, but not Jean's favorite route. We went up to Lissewege - a town that won an award for most beautiful (or so Jean tells me). Outside of Lissewege we were perplexed as the sign showed a "Route 40" that was not on our map in the vicinity of where we were. A local runner stopped and told us that Route 40 was brand new - so we lived dangerously and headed down a route that was not on our map.
It was a great rural route - and we even caught the wind at our back a time or two! We weren't necessarily ready to quit biking for the day - but riding the canal in stiff head winds did not sound appealing either. So we headed back to the house - Jean thought that there were many museums that were calling her name.
We biked about 33k.

Jean headed out to decide which museum she wanted to go to - only to discover "Everyone knows - all museums are closed in the entire country of Belgium on Mondays!" lol They will be there another day I am sure!

We are making the house ready for family members that arrive Tuesday! Great fun!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb