Day 5: Saint Tropez & Saint Aygulf


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Saint-Aygulf
September 2nd 2011
Published: October 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Marseille - Saint Aygulf


Saint TropezSaint TropezSaint Tropez

Millions of dollars worth of yatchs in Saint Tropez
We’ve been run off our feet over the last few days so today was going to be a little slower paced. Unfortunately that didn’t mean we weren’t on the road, in fact we’d be in the car for almost 3 hours today, our first stop was Saint Tropez. It was a beautiful drive along the coast of the Mediterranean, but it was so slow. Endless winding roads full of tourists in their rental cars. We arrived into Saint Tropez in the early afternoon and began by checking out some of the incredible yachts which were moored in the port. There were hundreds of them, every single one was impressive, they made you feel broke just by looking at them. We explored the streets full of expensive ships, Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton they were all here and since shopping was really out of the question we decided to grab some lunch at an outdoor Italian restaurant. It was pretty expensive, I suppose everywhere is expensive when you’re in a place like Saint Tropez, especially when you’re conscious of how much money were spending.

After a delicious lunch, we headed back to the car and Hannah jumped behind the wheel for the
Saint TropezSaint TropezSaint Tropez

The marina in Saint Tropez.
drive to Saint Augulf. It was another hour or so before we reached our hotel and checked in. Since we had nothing planned for the rest of the afternoon we told my parents that we’d meet them later for dinner. Hannah and I took the opportunity to have a nap, all this travelling and driving and sightseeing was starting to catch up on us. Later that afternoon Hannah and I headed out to the beach directly across the road and bumped into my parents who were also wandering around. We pulled up a couple of beach chairs and sat by the water for the next few hours before our hunger started to creep in. There really weren’t too many options around here for dinner and the reviews on tripadvisor weren’t great, but we had to eat somewhere. We decided on a small Italian restaurant which sat by the beach and it turned out to be really really good. An ice-cream and a short walk later we headed back to our rooms for a huge day tomorrow.

Day 5:
Marseille - Saint Tropez - Saint Aygulf
172 KM TRAVELLED // 972 KM TOTAL
Hotel Saint-Aygulf

Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 18; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb