Marseille


Advertisement
Published: August 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Marseille was another day trip only two hours away. Marseille looked like a nice city right beside the beach. It is the second biggest city in France which is a change from all the unknown villages. Once we got there we discovered it was not what we thought it was like. The whole city smelt like urine, everywhere you went you could smell it. The street gutters were also covered in rubbish and a lot of the streets looked old and run down.

We found the tourism office and got a map of the city. It had a recommended walk that went through the old part of the city and past all the tourists’ sites. It wasn’t very good and didn’t show us anything. We came across one decent thing – a church although we didn’t go in it. We mainly just went through the dirty streets which was kind of disappointing. We found the main shopping streets which had all the regular chain stores. There was nothing really to do in Marseille and we had all had enough of the smell so we ended up going back to the train station and catching an earlier train.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb