South of France : Provence and Around


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

JourneyJourneyJourney

Our journey thru the valley
I had no preparation at all for this trip and what to expect when we arrive. Like always before going to any destiantion weather near or far I would usually read about the places of interest and prepare my self mentally at least 3 months beforehand .
But this time it's a different story. I googled everything up last minute and ended up at their Tourist Infomation office squeezing for more info. With our little knowledge of French ,communication can be such a pain. It took 3 people to help us out for some simple explaination where to go and what to do before someone finally came down and solved our mystery puzzle.Yay!


The drive took us about 15hrs from Amsterdam with half hour stops for lunch and few mins for rest. We took turn to drive as this is our first time driving to South of France or Europe for that matter ) through Luxembourg . We recomended to top up your tank here as its is cheaper there than anywherelese in Europe btw.
We left home at about 5 am in the morning with few hours of sleep and arrived somewhat around 8pm ish. I must say our GarminNuvi did a very good job so far . I'm impressed dispite minor flaws which is totally forgivable. With a good sense of directions and a common sense ( thank gawd I still have mine) we arrived at our destination as safe and sound.
We were welcomed by our host Gilbert who's apt located not too far from the lake Beree de Etang in Istres a department of Bouches-du-Rhône (region Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur) with approx 40 -50 thousand inhabitants .


We had an OK- OK weather and it wasnt very pormising when arrived that evening either. It was cloudy and windy but at the same time it's humid when in the sun. We had a few shower spells alright but that doesnt stop us from exploring other parts of the cities in a comfort of our own 4x4 Grand Vitara.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb