Grasse, Cannes, Antibes - 24th July


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Cannes
July 24th 2007
Published: July 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A day pass for 12 euros lets you go up and down the coast for as many trips as you like in one day. Its good value if you have the stamina in hot and windy weather...
I did the below in 10 1/2 hours and was dead when I got back, not to mention the feet..

Grasse - is a hilltop town and one of Franc's leading perfume producers. There are heaps of perfumeries, including 'Fragonard' at the foot of the old town which offers free tours of the perfume production process, a museum of perfume related things such as bottles, boxes and beauty cases, and of course has a shop sellling reduced price perfumes. The tiny, coiled streets of the old town are very pretty. They waft with the smell of lavender and other scents coming from the sourvenir shops which sell all kinds of perfumed products including soaps, bath oils, potpourri etc. Your grandmother would be in paradise..

Cannes - is more of the same glittering designer shops that mere mortals can't afford, palatial hotels, azure waters and luxury yaghts and a wide pedestrian prpomenade around the bay. At least the beach has sand and not pebbles.

The remains of a medieval castle sit on the pinnacle of the old town.

The huge 'Palais des Festivals et des Congres' is the home of the film festival and the tourist office. Tourists pose on the red carpet and stick their heads in cardboard cutouts of film stars.

Antibes - By the time I reaches Antibes I was pretty tired from all the sun and wind which was enough to blow your dad's cap right off your head. I wanted to see where all the fuss was made about James Packer's wedding and where he extravagantly entertained his guests. Saw the Hotel de Ville (town hall) and the cathedral but not sure which one it was at?
Antibes is quite impressive. It has some lovely public squares and green, flowery areas, small cobblestoned streets with interesting little boutiques in the old town, and the ever present beachfront activities you grow to expect on the Cote d'Azure..


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb