Dublin to Avingnon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Avignon
August 25th 2016
Published: August 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Dublin to Avignon

Hard to believe we started in Dublin this morning and were in the South of France for lunch. It just emphasises to us poor antipodeans how isolated we are. We arrived to a lovely little room with an enclosed balcony in the old walled part of city and went down into the square for lunch. I was very excited about my salad with goat’s cheese. The traditional food of Scotland and Ireland was very nice but it occurred to me I hadn’t seen much green in two weeks. Gobbled down a whole palate of lettuce. My escort (with driving duties now over) was not that impressed. Then it hit us… OMG, have spent the first two weeks worrying about having enough cool and wet weather gear. Now! Just hit 34oC! Attempted to do a walking tour of Avignon. Got to the Popes Palace, took a photo from outside, ascertained this is a WHS. Slipped our bums down on a ledge to eat an ice-cream and then was reduced to retreating to hotel for wine and blogging. McDonalds may be an easy way out tonight and start afresh in the morning. I know … know...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb