Day 4: in Arles.. Been an interesting few days!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Arles
June 26th 2013
Published: June 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Great few days.. Could get used to this!! Left early Sunday morning and just before martigny received text from a friend Odile saying ok..we're supposed to pick her up at 8.. Had forgotten but just our luck arrived exactly at 8 At the station as agreed ages ago..quite unbelievable..a good Swiss start to the hol! Morning and lunch in chamonix and kids did summer luge in the afternoon..good thrills to start the hol! Odile caught the train back and we carried on to Grenoble, music blaring..pink Floyd and the script after the voice sat eve..and lots of Benedictes music..thanks so much! So great to leave with just overnight stops but no plans in between..certainly felt as free as birds! Interestingly Stefan installed the GPS before we'd left..he thought it was best to check it worked..but didn't think about it or touch it after. Got to albertville and was bit lost..asked Jac what he thought..interestingly he opened glove box as could hear a voice..GPS was working telling us to go left..directed us all the way to campsite ( mike had programmed it before we left!).. Just magic..like a guardian angel watching over us! First time I was grateful to listen to a gPs!

Passed through Grenoble where I studied thermal and energy engineering in 1992..didn't feel so long ago! Even found my old hall of residence.. Kids were non-plused even though I thought it was great! Arrived at joy ex reveille campsite in evening..popped up tent..well it did it itself! Quite spacious ..blow up mattresses etc..quite a team sorting stuff ut! In the eve we ate in te campsite cafe accompanied to choice French 80s singer..Jac thought the guys olive went very well with what he sang! In bed at 8.30.. First time in ages!

Song of day1righthererightnofatboy slim

https://www.google.ch/search?q=fatboy+slim+right+here+right+now&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Citation day 1: less is more! V.true if you saw how little we packed!

Day 2

Cold and windy night..all woke up huddled up..like penguins To pouring rain..felt like uk..couldn't believe it. Luckily showers extra hot! packed up but couldn't collapse tent..in the end took tent whole into loos and it took us and five Germans to collapse it! They kept asking why I hadn't tried to collapse before I left..what a daft question!

With all the rain decided to drive down to the next stop in the ardeche at Sampzon..super campsite with yellow village with lovely pitch by river. Got set up and then went in search of a little adrenaline rush.. 8km canoeing down the ardeche with Jac and max in 1 canoe and me and Elise in the Other. Was hard work but just magic..finished ate ponta d'arc. Had to say elisecwas 7.. well shes big enough! They wanted to go again. Interesting the final rapid..Jac and max thought it would be great to push us..luckily didn't go under. In the evening were so tired we stopped at a zen cafe cote sud for tapas, salad and pizza and ice cream.. One of the most magic meals we've had for ages.highly recommended! Early night once again.. All slept until 8.30. Longest night sleep I've had for 4 years..nothing like sleeping in a tent!

Song..it's raining again.super tramp

Day 3: lazy daY!

Woke up late.. lazy breakfast. Elise went to mini club with the kids opposite whiltogether boys and me packed up and relaxed by the pool. Elise had a magic time with her new friends and after lunchbwecleft for Jo and Arles. Arrived about 4.30.. So magic to see Jo stephens, an old friend from university and her daughter ella after 15years! Super evening visiting Arles, cooking and catching up.. A lot to catch up on!

day 4: day in Arles visiting roman ruins and market in the mistral, lunch on a terasse and then down to the carmargue and beach with the boys..saw the flamingos! Will update later after a glass or two of local wine! Bonne nuit!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb