Antibes antics


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We took the train from Nice to Juan les Pins and then it was a relatively short walk our hotel in Antibes. Unfortunately Val's directions were not accurate and we ended up with quite a long walk with our suitcases! Hotel Joffe was very pleasant with our balcony overlooking palm trees and the azure sea.. We strolled into Antibes in the afternoon for a walk around the ramparts and into the old town. We saw lots of yachts and super yachts in the marina. The old town was very interesting with nice buildings and narrow streets. The Chateau Grimaldi a 12th century building houses the excellent Musee Picasso. In 1946 the artist used part of the castle as a studio and donated all of his works completed during his stay. We had a good meal at a Lebanese restaurant. Chicken shwarma with hummus and aubergine side dishes. The next day after eating our croissants and fruit on our balcony we set off on our walk around Cap d'Antibes. What a great walk around this rocky, wooded peninsula. . Superb coastal scenery, lovely bays, colourful shrubs and trees and the palatial homes of the super rich. To end off our stay in Antibes we went to the Romarin Restaurant where we had a superb evening meal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb