Still here!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Poitou-Charentes » Châtellerault
April 19th 2006
Published: April 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

chatelleraultchatelleraultchatellerault

bridge over river vienne
Châtellerault day 2!

Diagnosis is good for Cornelius, he has broken his rear suspension, and parts should be here today and fitted by tomorrow lunch, we will then be able to continue our journey south.

This means that we are once again held captive in Châtellerault by it’s numerous restaurants their pre-fixed menus and pitchers of vin rose - such a hard life!!!

We both feel totally relaxed today and there is nothing it seems that could cause our stress levels to rise. We have had a couple of lovely long walks around the centre ville, not another English speaking person in sight. The weather has been sunny and warm. I think we may have even caught the sun a bit!

The town itself has a very pretty old centre made up of semi derelict houses and shops with rustic shutters, it is surrounded by parts of a large old battlement wall and the river la Vienne. Our hotel is situated outside the river and main town in amongst the supermarkets and high-rise housing that make up the remainder of the area, not so pretty but none the less not completely unattractive.

In and around the
chatelleraultchatelleraultchatellerault

resistance statue
town there are a lot of statues and plaques celebrating the resistance, it’s members and their efforts during the war, every other road is named after some French freedom fighter, you get the feeling that there is a lot of history here and this small town and it’s elder inhabitants may well have some very interesting stories to tell.

However we will be heading to Navarrenx and our little campsite tomorrow to face the might of the tent and a resistance of it’s own to be raised in time for bed! Wish us luck.

Until the next time - salut maintenant


Advertisement



19th April 2006

Its beginning to develop into an adventure
Sounds like a good if unexpected diversion - good luck with the drive (and the vin rose)
21st April 2006

Good luck!
Hi Ben Good luck with your venture and thanks for your card. We'll be tracking your progress regularly. The photos on the site look great! Keep them coming! All the best Phil
21st April 2006

looks interesting ;will have to buy a map as i am not sure where you are??
23rd April 2006

Salut Team Honisett
Comment va la bagnole? Hope it's all sorted and you've got to Navarrenx and set up camp. Also hope there were no problems with erection for bedtime (ho ho ho,bet you haven't hear that before. If still stranded: keep on drinking and eating,which I'm sure you are. LOL us

Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb