A French Chateau


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Picardy » Laon
May 23rd 2014
Published: June 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast was lovely this morning and after having our fill, mum had to book our ferry ride to England so Em and I played for a while outside, exploring the nearby creek and old barn. We then headed off to our next place – a real French Chateau!

Through the rolling green landscape of France, we wound our way down some tiny single lane back roads to the chateau. Amazing!! This was the real deal with immaculate landscaped gardens, full silver service and beautifully furnished and maintained buildings. True to the “family friendly” tag on the website, there was even a games room for kids with board games, cards and playstation and wii for the bigger kids.

We parked our car beside a very nice red porsche and checked in where we got welcome drinks served on the terrace before being shown to our room. There is a large heated indoor swimming pool and Em went with mum to have a swim. We had also booked dinner in their restaurant so we all got into our best clothes. We had a lovely 5 course meal and they also had a children’s menu so Em got to have some very nice fish and chips too. The cheese board for the fourth course deserves special mention. Not just a selection of cheeses served on a board, they wheel a large serving trolley over to the table with dozens of cheeses on it and you get to choose whatever ones you like. I had never seen so many types of cheese so I just asked the waiter to make some selections for me as I had no idea what to pick!

It must be the long daylight hours but the restaurant didn’t have anyone else start coming in until after 8pm, some even after 9pm as we were finishing up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb