garbage bags are the new chanel...or for aunt wattin


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire » Nantes
August 28th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

my apologies for the severe lack of entries lately but sometimes time flies here
i cant believe its been two weeks since i was in belgium already!!!!
so what have i been up to u ask???
wellll mostly just hanging out with kiki and reika and writing finals :P
we had an impromptu beauty contest at our favorite bar "soft" the other night for the coveted award of mr. and mrs. cidef. ....nooo i did not compete. although with the amount of champagne running through my veins that night, i feel as though those who know me, would not have been surprised if i had of.
we;ve been eating out a lot lately too. at some old favs like t-chips. the indian run chip shop. with there deliciuos curry kebabs and homemade fries with over 20 sauces to chose from...bonus: they speak english
then we also went to mezzo di pasta which is basically take out pasta....in chinese take out boxes.
ohhh and u have a choice of italien or french cheese toppings...i dare not choose italien for fear of what my happen to my food if i do so. what with looking irish and all i dont need to start a fight.
saturday we obviously spent at the market, cause thats the funnest and cheapest thing to do. plus it lets us practice our french bargaining skills....
reika's boyfriend is from nigeria, so she felt it necessary to buy an african dress that day from one of the vendors, its cute. more on that later...
and kiki bought some scarves and candies and i bought some deliciously cute bra's and undies cause they cost like 4e\uro a set there. annnd visited my sausage man...ohh and got some strawberries for our sunday picnic.
after the market we went to lunch at the school cause we are broke and had a delicious serving of bread and cheese. then i decided i wanted to go see batman.
but if u remember correctly, when i went to see mama mia, the film was primarily in english...batman however, was not...
completely french. which we did not discover until like ten minutes into the movie.
not just french though, but the voices were completely different too as well as the many many infamous quotes from the movie that were simply lost in translation....
all in all im sure it was a good movie though.
ill just review it when i get home and compare it to what i think may have caused the following events
...anywho that night we wanted to go to this discotheque for les hommes qui amour les autres hommes....called le queens renndez-vous.
and i had been there once before cause its the best dance bar in town and its straight on saturday nights, but i couldnt remember where it was cause i had walked all over town that night and things are blurry....due to the heat of course.
so i went downstairs and asked jean, my ex olympian running buddy, if he knew where it was.
which prompted him to lie to us cause he didnt want us going there and so we ended up at chez toi instead.
where i was schooled by the waitress on the proper way to say caliente....its not cal-ee-en-tay in french, oh no, its cal--eee-ant. my god i almost slapped her.
but i refrained because it was only 10pm, after chez toi we headed to Eden, the other disco down the street, but it was dead that night, so we decided to try out the ol fav, Soft. which was interesting
after soft reika, who lives for t-chips, decided she needed some while we waited for the taxi....and we all followed suit.
so we return to the foyer with bags of t-chips to watch the olympics on the tv at 2am with jean, who was then caught red handed for lying to us about the whereabouts of le queen...meh, still a fun evening.
on sunday we spent the afternoon sunbathing by the river.
it was a really nice day, but after about an hour the clouds started moving in which made it a little cold i guess for some people who arent from canada, as i looked over at reika to see her wearing a camouflage jacket, wrapped up in her african dress...funniest sight in a while.
in fact it caused many to stop and laugh at us.
french people are so friendly though, all u can do is laugh with them at something like that.
so we called it quits after that and went to the rooftop resto next to the riviera which is asian inspired and has couches outside on the roof to eat at instead of chairs. super comfy and fun.
we got hot chocolate and then took some pics of us hanging off the roof, which ill upload soon.
the rest of the week i had to write a final almost every day. once i even had two in a day.
i did good, i got 18/20 on three of them and a 7/10 on the listening skills test. haha i wonder why
after finals were over on wed we went as a class to a creperie where i was again schooled by the russian as to how giving someone the finger in russia is about as offensive as it can get. as i casually graced him with the presence on mine. i didnt know.
although sometimes i think he just makes these things up for a laugh..
anywho, today is reika's bday and we got her a special uber chocolate cake from her fav patisserie and had it for lunch at the school today and now we are both home napping because we are having t-chips for dinner (her choice, seriously) then going to the all night discotheque as school is over until sept 9th
tomorrow is soiree international at the school and i have yet to decide what to wear, canada doesnt really have any traditional garb that i could make shit out of the clothes i brought, and my kilts at the drycleaners?
hah, kiki is insisting i wear one of her dresses, but i think ill just wear my black pencil skirt and blue top
blue for nova scotia of course....of course...
this weekend we are headed to paris for rock en seine, the biggest concert of the year with REM, radiohead, amy winehouse ( if she shows up), madonna, justice, the hives, jack johnson, zz top, and pete doherty ( also if he shows up) ohhh and kanye west....i hope he wears those glasses so i can wear mine and not feel like a huge dork in the crowd.
anywho ill write more laterrrrrr cause im in the midst of packing up my stuff cause i move to my family on saturday morning at 8am...after not going to sleep for two nights straight im sure it will be a great day!!!
much love
k

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb