Well on the way


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire » Briollay
June 30th 2017
Published: June 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We are very sorry that we are so late with writing but bad Internet and running out of time are the problems. After leaving the Fam Kollaard in Holland we went towards Amiens as a first stop. We liked to visit the war graves we only see on Anzac day on TV but we now have the chance to look for ourselves. Was well worth it. We had a good drive and arrived late afternoon in Amiens. We did not know things were closed on Sunday and Monday. We found that out. We were told it only 20 minutes walk to town must be French for we took the car and were very happy we did. It was a lot further as 20 minutes. We found a place that would supply us with food and a drink. That counted again for the Monday. Anyway that Monday we went out to look at all the memorials we could find. The GPS was a great help. The very small road ways only used by farmers make you lose directions quickly. As first we stopped at the Adelaide Memorial. It was well kept and very nice. So many young lives lost and for what. As next we went to the Australian Memorial. It is of course all the same just a difference in presenting. It filled the whole day and were exhausted and glad we had a nice bed to rest our bodies. The following day we were planning to go to Mosles close to the fighting of the 2nd World War, but Liz told me that we have missed one where the tree towers were. So we went back to all the Somme sides and indeed we found the one that Liz really wanted to see. Very impressive and they are building a museum behind it. This was the last side now we were on the way to Mosles close to Bayeux. After a beautiful run through the French country side we landed at the bed & Breakfast. It was in the never never. At the last turn we stood in front of a old farm house that looked like a castle. We were shown to a room very simple just a bed, toilet and shower. That was it We have landed in a convent at least that is what it looked like. No TV or radio. The Internet was some times there but mostly not. We went out that evening to find something to eat there was nothing where we stayed. Bayeux was not far away that was a help. We had a nice meal in Bayeux a little on the expensive side but that was the only one open. In the meantime the rain came down without any breaks. We had to find the farm back again it was getting dark and the roads are to small for Liz liking. She was hoping that all the people were in bed so not other car would be on those roads. Of course we did meet a car on the smallest bit so one had to go back than we could pass still my back wheels went close to a dip but we stayed on the road and found the farm back. Nothing to entertain us we were early in bed and had a good sleep. Breakfast was from 8.30 till 10 a.m. Exactly 8.30 we saw other people wlaking to the farm for this exciting breakfast. There was nothing exciting about it apart we sat all together on the one table and with that many nationalities it becomes interesting. We will tell you more at a later time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb